For any product to be considered for our boutique, here are the requirements:
- It must have safe ingredients. We spend a lot of time researching ingredients and asking manufacturers about questionable ingredients that so many manufacturers hide behind like natural flavors. See below for a list of ingredients that we don't allow in our products.
- It must be cruelty-free. Absolutely no animal testing allowed. I'm sorry. If you can't get a bunch of excited volunteers to try your product, your product shouldn't be on the market.
- It is made by a company with integrity, that is socially responsible and dedicated to providing high quality products. We want the companies that we partner with to be transparent. If they won't answer our questions or provide us the data that we seek, we will not work with them.
- We want products that are organic when possible, eco-friendly, fair trade, made with packing that is recyclable and/or recycled. We want products that are not only good for you and your family, but good for the earth.
- It passes our test. We personally test products to ensure that they do what they say they do and are of high quality. Ok just doesn't cut it for us. We want to fall in love.
- It is non-GMO. Anything genetically modified is not ok.
The following ingredients are commonly found in many beauty and personal care products. They have been linked to cancer, endocrine/hormone disruption, infertility and more.
Products must be be free of:
- Formaldehyde or formaldehyde-releasing ingredients like DMDM hydantoin, quaternium-15, Diethanolamine (DEA), Triethanolamine (TEA), monoethanolamine (MEA)
- Heavy metals like aluminum, lead, mercury
- Parabens including Methylparaben, Butylparaben Propylparaben, Ethylparaben
- PEGs including Polyethylene and Propylene Glycols
- Petrochemicals (mineral oil, petroleum, or petrolatum)
- Polyethylene Glycol (PEG)
- Sulfates (Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate aka SLS and SLES)
- Synthetic fragrances or color
- Urea (diazolidinyl or imidazolidinyl)
I like to support and work with small businesses and women-owned businesses when possible. Because my main goal is to provide you with the highest quality, chemical-free products on the market, I do make exceptions.
That being "said, if a manufacturer I work with at any point starts compromising ethics and quality for profit, I will drop them immediately. I wholeheartedly believe in prosperity with integrity just like I believe in beauty without sacrificing your health.